Monday, May 13, 2013

Short Update

Lucy is doing well still.  Over 4 pounds now...4lb1oz!!  She is starting to take a couple of bottles a day and eating the whole amount.  Big girl.  So, we are making progress, slowly but surely.  :)

Prayer Requests:
-Continue to do well on eating her bottles, breathing (hopefully get off of her cannula again soon), and keeping her temperature on her own(she'll be in a regular bed soon)
- Eye exam and hearing screen coming up...that they are normal.
- Patience for us.  This is the time in NICU that becomes long and drawn out.  It takes time for her to work up from not eating from a bottle to eating 8 full bottles a day.  That is a lot of work for a tiny little girl!
- Hoping I am not getting sick.  I have not been feeling well today, so I only went to see Lucy once.  Now, I am not sure i should have gone at all.  Pray that I did not get sick germs on her.  I think I just have allergies and will hopefully feel better tomorrow.

And a few Mother's Day photos...not sure Lucy was impressed with her outfit, but I thought it was so cute!  :)
Lucy's Mothers Day outfit.  It took us 3 tries to get it on her and wore her out, but she looked so cute!  :)
 We made these for the Grandma's and I might have made one for myself too!  
 All wrapped up and ready for bed.  I can not leave her until she closes those big eyes!  
 Daddy giving her a bottle
 So tired!
 My pretty girl!
 Happy Mother's Day to me...one of my babies
 :)

 And my other baby with his goofy 4 year old smile
 This past week was nurses week so we sent them a cookie basket from Cookies In Bloom Lewisville.  The nurses are just so special to us and although we can never thank them enough for taking care of our babies, we can send them treats sometimes!!   The cookies were a hit in their pink and gray scrubs to match the nurses scrubs.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment