Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Brief Story

I am creating this blog for my records, but also because I recieve many texts and emails daily wanting to know Lucy's daily progress, specific prayer requests, how our journey began, etc.  Hopefully I will be able to answer some questions through the blog, but if not, please ask!  :)

Quickly, I will do a recap of the last few days.  There will be a more detailed birth story at a later date.

Entire pregnancy- was being watched closely for Preeclampsia and IUGR (interuterine growth restriction) for Lucy.  She was measuring small the entire pregnancy.
March 14- I was put on hospital bed rest in Denton for my blood pressure 172/110.  Bed rest worked wonders and I was released a week later on strict home bed rest. 
April 1- I saw my high risk doctor and they found a blood flow gap from the placenta to baby.  Thought it was nothing too serious, but gave Lucy steriods hoping to improve blood flow.  Still thought we had a few weeks of bed rest to go, but admitted to hospital for monitoring.
April 2 and 3- monitored closely at hospital
April 3- Nurses noticed Lucy was not being very active heart rate wise.  Steady heart rate in the 130's but she was not having any peaks and valleys that they like to see.  High risk doctor was called in that afternoon and discovered the blood flow was getting worse through cord and wanted to deliver witihin the hour.
April 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM.  Lucy Morgan Graham was born.  She weighed 2 pounds, 3 ounces and came out wimpering...a good sign her lungs sucked up the steriod!  I was shocked she made any noise at all.

I was out on magnesium sulfate for almost 48 hours after deliver.  I was extremely lethargic and out of it.  I found out later on April 5th that I had developed HELLP syndrome after her delivery (possibly before).  It is a very serious condition in the preeclampsia family. Luckily I was in the hospital because my symptoms were "silent symptoms" that could have been really serious for me and baby.

And so our journey begins.....



No comments:

Post a Comment